The Association of Medicine and Psychiatry (AMP) is the national organization for physicians with combined training in medicine (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Neurology) and psychiatry, and for all physicians committed to patient care, research and education at the interface of medicine and psychiatry. The Roger Kathol Pioneering Spirit Award was established in 2016 to honor Dr. Roger Kathol, founding member of AMP who exemplified the award criteria. He is an Internist and Psychiatrist who is both innovator and pioneer of the model of integrative care in the inpatient setting. He is an outstanding clinician, providing integrated medical and psychiatric care for his patients, as well as dynamic educator, astute businessman.
AMP will be selecting an outstanding physician, who demonstrates excellence in integrated care. The physician should be five to ten years out of training from a combined Internal medicine/Psychiatry, Family Medicine/Psychiatry, Pediatrics/Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry or Neurology/Psychiatry residency program in the United States.
The Roger Kathol Pioneering Spirit Award will be presented yearly at the annual AMP meeting in the fall
The award includes a free 1 year membership to AMP (starting the year after the award is given).
The awardee will serve as a nonvoting member of the AMP Board of Directors, for the following year. His/her responsibilities will include:
- attend board meetings (at teleconferences during the year, and at the year following annual meeting)
- serve as a member of the Roger Kathol Award selection committee for future years
- work on AMP projects of his/her choice
Please send us nominations of physicians who have demonstrated five or more of the following:
- Outstanding Clinical Performance
- Outstanding Teaching Skills
- Outstanding Writing and/or Research
- Outstanding Service to Community
- Outstanding Leadership within their institutions
- Outstanding Leadership at a regional and/or national level.
- Demonstration of Novel and/or Sustained Integration of Care Throughout ones Career
Active participation and contributions to AMP will be given special consideration.
The completed nomination form, the nominee’s CV, and a nominating letter must come from the nominee’s supervisor, peer, or a member of the Association of Medicine and Psychiatry. The letter should be no more than 250-300 words in length, delineating the outstanding accomplishments in 5 or more of the above areas.
The nominator (supervisor or AMP member), may also send additional materials supporting the nomination (papers, teaching curricula, etc. by the nominee).
Submission deadline: July 31, 2018.
Please Describe Nominee's Outstanding Qualities/ Accomplishments In 300 Words or Less.