The Division of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City is seeking a Consult-Liaison physician to work with the team providing direct patient care in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- MD, DO or equivalent
- ABPN board certification/board eligibility in General Psychiatry
- Graduate of US accredited residency program in Psychiatry, Internal Medicine/Psychiatry or Family Medicine/Psychiatry
- Eligible for Medical license in the State of Kansas.
- Consider Graduate of Psychosomatics Fellowship
- Prefer experience in an outpatient and/or inpatient Consultation Liaison Psychiatry setting
- Previous academic experience is desirable
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Generate a clinical practice providing excellent educational experience for psychiatry residents, trainees, and students
- Provide direct services to patients within the Consultation/Liaison service areas
- Provide clinical supervision of resident physicians in outpatient and inpatient settings
- Teach resident physicians, psychology trainees and students in areas of expertise
- Maintain a productive clinical practice at the Medical Center or outreach site to generate departmental income to offset cost basis
- Participate in ECT rotation; clinical, administrative, and weekend call; continuous performance improvement and collaborate in research and clinical activities
KANSAS CITY is a bi-state region of greater than 2 million persons
- A foundation of diverse industries supports our solid economy
- Affordable housing – downtown lofts, suburban neighborhoods and country living
- A robust arts scene including symphony, ballet, theatre and museums
- Amazing dining – KC barbeque and food of all types, including fresh local fare
- Professional sports teams (Royals, Chiefs, Sporting KC) and NASCAR Kansas Speedway
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.